Credit / Resources
This case study has been compiled in 2012-13 with a grant from the Anna Lindh Foundation (ALF).
Text Author: Patrizia Bonelli from Scholè Futuro (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Coordination & text Editing: Iro Alampei, MIO-ECSDE
Special thanks to Mr Bruno Miccio from the Naples Aqueduct for technical support
Books & Papers
- F. Salvi, Breve storia del sottosuolo di Napoli
- M. Rasulo, :Bolla aqueduct: a two thousand lasting service”, 2002, University of Naples “Federico 2”
- Comune di Napoli 1964, Relazione di studio: il sottosuolo di Napoli
- Enrico Cosimi, Fons Augusteus
- Lavinia De Rosa, gli acquedotti Romani in Italia (Ph D Thesis)
- Bruno Miccio, Napoli e i suoi acquedotti 1985
- Bruno Miccio e Umberto Potenza, Gli acquedotti di Napoli 1994
- Guglielmo Melisurgo, Napoli sotterranea 1884
- Clemente Esposito, Il sottosuolo Spaccanapoli, N°92
- Il Sottosuolo di Napoli (1967) / The Subsoil of Naples, English translation
- available here: http://www.napoliunderground.org/files/IlSottosuoloDiNapoli-1967/SubsoilofNaplesCUMLT.pdf
A few words about ScholÉ Futuro
The Institute for Environment and Education Scholé Futuro is a no profit cultural association, set in many Italian regions. It was founded in 1982 and its main purpose is to develop environmental preservation through different activities such as research, cultural promotion, planning, training and consulting (focusing mainly on education on environment and sustainable development).
Information dissemination is pursued through the publication of books, Cd-Rom and a monthly publication .eco, Sustainable Education, the first and only Italian magazine for environmental education.
Scholé Futuro is involved in many projects on knowledge and promotion of cultural and environmental patrimony, on cultural and scientific communication, on research related to environmental education and sustainable development. In particular the Institute is part of networks at international and European level and hosts the WEEC – World Environmental Education Congresses- Permanent Secretariat. It is also partner association of the Italian Ministry of Environment in the Task Force on Sustainable Consumption.