الاعتمادات / الموارد
This case study has been compiled in 2012-13 (phase III) with a grant from the Anna Lindh Foundation (ALF).
Author: Maria Papanikolaou, ECOCITY
Editor: Ioannis Koumantakis, ECOCITY
Animation: DigiMagix, www.digimagix.gr
Coordinator: Iro Alampei, MIO-ECSDE
- Manolis Manoledakis, Paschalis Androudis, “The water – collection system (qanat) of Agia Paraskevi in Hortiatis. The archeological work in Macedonia and Thrace”, 2007.
- E.Vavliakis, E. Staninos, N.Stefos, “Study of water – collection system of Agia Paraskevi Qanat in Hortiatis of Thessaloniki (North Greece)”, 4th Panhellenic Geographical Conference, 12-14 October 1998.
- Giannis Tamiolakis, “The history of Thessaloniki Water Supply”, University Studio Press, Thessaloniki 1985.
- Hortiatis Water supply and Sewerage Company, “Assessment of water supply of Hortiatis Municipality of Thessaloniki”, 2009.
- “The Holocaust of Hortiatis on September 2, 1944”, Hortiatis Municipality, Thessaloniki 2004.
ECOCITY is a non-profit environmental organization concerned primarily with the urban environment. It was founded in 2004 in Athens and its network has expanded to Thessaloniki and Patra.
The aim of ECOCITY is to generate and arise public environmental awareness, improve urban life quality and promote sustainable development in urban centers.
Voluntary participation and contribution of a rich network of scientists, environmentalists and citizens, are the organization’s principle tools for fulfilling its task.
ECOCITY’s Scientific Committees consist of scientists, specialized in diverse fields and backgrounds allowing to have a multidisciplinary approach to the subjects. The scientific committee’s work is enforced by building collaborative alliances with other working groups and committees such as the Environmental Committee of the Greek Parliament, local committees, consumer organizations etc.
From 2007 ECOCITY began establishing networks aiming in dissipating information and working on environmental issues. Through networking we manage to enrich our actions, thus, making our task more successful and effective, sensitizing environmentally in a broader scale. Our alliances in our mission are scientific organizations and departments, cities authorities, municipalities and students networks.
ECOCITY is a full member of EUROPEAN ENVIRONMENTAL BUREAU and PAN Europe network.
ECOCITY, Kefallinias 9, Paradeisos Amarousiou, 151 25