Credits / Resources
This case study has been compiled in 2012-13 (phase III) with the support of the Anna Lindh Foundation (ALF).
Author: Lamia Magdy, AOYE email@example.com
Animation: DigiMagix, www.digimagix.gr
Coordination, editing (eng): Iro Alampei, MIO-ECSDE
- Wikipedia Encyclopedia
- Sim Science website
- Ancient Water Technologies, 2010; Editor: Larry W. Mays
- The World’s Oldest Dam Article, Al-Ahram Weekly, 16 – 22 September 2004, Issue No. 708
- International Database and Gallery of Structures
- A very brief history of hydraulic technology during antiquity; Written by Larry W. Mays; Published online: 25/09/2008 © Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2008
- WATER MANAGEMENT AND EARLY CIVILIZATIONS: FROM COOPERATION TO CONFLICT; Written by Fekri A. Hassan – Institute of Archaeology UCL
- New World Encyclopedia
- Dam Nation! An Introduction to Dam Impacts &Dam Removal Efforts; by Laura Wildman, Professional Engineer -American Rivers
- Encyclopedia of the Archaeology of Ancient Egypt
- DAMS FROM THE BEGINNING, Robert B. Jansen
A few words on the Arab Office for Youth and Environment (AOYE)
AOYE seeks to be one of the best NGOs working in the field of Environment and Sustainable Developmental on the national, Arab, Mediterranean and International levels through comprehensive environmental action plan with an economical sustainable approach. It was established in 1978 to promote the awareness of environmental issues and active stewardship for our environment in Egypt, Arab Nations and the world beyond. Since its inception in 1978, AOYE has trained thousands of Youth and Adults through environmental camps, scientific symposia and special community projects.
AOYE is the Secretariat of the Arab Network for Environment and Development (RAED) that involves more than 100 NGOs from Arab countries who share their experiences and exchange information on environmental and developmental issues in the Middle East. As the secretariat for RAED, AOYE publishes a monthly newsletter titled “Montada El-Biah”. AOYE is a member NGO of MIO-ECSDE.
Postal Address: 3A Masaken Masr lel-Taameer, Zahraa El-Maadi Str., Zahraa El-Maadi, Cairo, Egypt